We are committed to our Mission of, “Proclaiming the Grace of God in Jesus Christ.”
To be the Body of Christ through multiple offerings of worship and missions committed to being and making disciples of Jesus Christ by the power of His Holy Spirit. Mulit-Generational. MultiDirectional.
A STATEMENT OF FAITH
Adopted by The Vestry of Saint James on April 19, 2016
Saint James Church a parish in the Diocese of South Carolina is an Anglican congregation in the state of South Carolina. Our Vision is to “Love God. Love People. Build Community.” We are committed to...
Saint James was one of the first churches on James Island, planted by the Rev. William Guy who was the rector of Old Saint Andrews Parish in 1720. Today we worship in our sixth church building, built in 1959. We have had many disasters, periods of inactivity followed by periods of growth, and powerful experiences of God’s presence. Today, Saint James is a thriving church in the Diocese of South Carolina and an active participant in the community of James Island. We work hard to balance Biblical faithfulness, our Historical Tradition, and Charismatic giftings. We have always been mission-minded as we seek to advance the Gospel of Jesus Christ throughout the lowcountry and beyond. To read our full history that includes information about our involvement in the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, and the Charismatic movement of the 1970’s, click below.