2023 Men’s Spring Hike
Oconee State Park
The Men of Saint James
In a Multi-Church Event
Join your brothers from churches around Charleston in Oconee State Park for four days of camping, hiking, fellowship and spiritual growth. The hike will be a Kings Camp format, with a short to medium hike in to the campsite, then longer day-hikes out and back. This is a great trip for guys that do not have much experience camping or if it has ‘been awhile.’
We have some loaner gear as well!
Location: Oconne State Park
We have reserved several tent-pads at the Park — about a 20 minute hike into the campsite from the Parking Lot. This will be a Kings-Camp style hike: setup camp once, and do day hikes out and back.
Thursday, May 18th (depart 6:30am) to Sunday, May 21th (return 7pm)
Full-Team Hike Meeting Dates/Location:
- 1st Meeting: Wednesday, March 7th at 6-7pm via Google Meet
- Meet Link: https://meet.google.com/azx-ohqb-mwe
There and Back:
- We have up to 5 parking spots as part of the reservation — expect to carpool.
- We will get a list drivers at the first meeting
- You will be responsible for your breakfasts, snacks, and lunches.
- We will be providing the evening meals, this year will be similar to last year (which was beef tenderloin steaks, port barbecue, and hamburgers)
- Don’t let lack of gear hold you back. Saint James has some “Stock” gear for lending, and many others have plenty more available.
Essential Hike Gear Checklist:
For more information:
Bill Read, 843-442-8480