What are “Life Groups”?
Life Groups are communities of 8 to 14 people that get together at least once every two weeks to do three things:
- Go UP to God through Bible study and prayer,
- Go IN to community by building strong, true, authentic Christ-based relationships amongst Life Group members, and
- Go OUTto the world by encouraging and equipping each other to be ambassadors of Jesus Christ where we live, work, play and learn.
How do I get into a Life Group?
There are several ways of joining a Life Group.
- The first way is to take “The Alpha Course” at Saint James. Most Life Groups are born out of the Alpha Course, so the best place to start is by taking Alpha.
- The second way is through the Men’s Hike and the Diocesan Men’s Conference. At each of these events Life Groups are formed, either for a short time (4-6 weeks) or for a longer season.
- Another way is to join a group with someone you have met at Saint James. Groups are open and available to new members.