“Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another” (Proverbs 27:17, ESV).
At Saint James Anglican Church we invite you men to join us as we reclaim Biblical Manhood and have a fellowship of Christian Brothers who stand together in our walk and challenges in today’s society. The current cultural view of manhood is typically a performance-based identity centered on career, acquisition and recreation which increasingly leaves men lonely and isolated. The culture tells you your worth or success is only as provider. The Truth is God’s desire for men is that we share our lives in friendships, brotherhood, and families and men are the protectors and teachers of our families. The Men of Saint James have events and ministry efforts to support one another, our church families, and our wider community to include:
- Men’s Life Groups
- Quarterly Service Days and Projects
- Support of James Island Outreach
- Partnership with Boy Scout Troop 44
Current Mens Ministry Groups and Meetings:
- Tuesdays at noon – Bible Study at Bagel Nation on Folly Road. Contact Bill Read at email@example.com for more information.
- Tuesdays 5:30 pm – In the Ministry Center Chapel. Contact Jay Millen at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Thursdays 7:15 am– Men’s Life Group at Bagel Nation on Folly Road. Contact Bill Read at email@example.com for more information.
- Fridays 7:00 am-8:00 am – Men’s Breakfast – The Saint James Church Ministry Center. Contact Fred Whittle at firstname.lastname@example.org or Osia Brummett at email@example.com for more information.
Christian Men’s Conference at St. Christopher Camp & Conference Center
The Men’s Conference is designed to address the issues facing all men in today’s fast-paced world, and to provide insights and ideas for dealing victoriously with the constant stress we all suffer.
It is our prayer that you will be able to use these teachings to bring you closer to God, through a greater love and understanding of His son, Our Savior, Jesus Christ, and to make the world a better place in which to live.