“Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another” (Proverbs 27:17, ESV).
At Saint James Anglican Church we invite you men to join us as we reclaim Biblical Manhood and have a fellowship of Christian Brothers who stand together in our walk and challenges in today’s society. The current cultural view of manhood is typically a performance-based identity centered on career, acquisition and recreation which increasingly leaves men lonely and isolated. The culture tells you your worth or success is only as provider. The Truth is God’s desire for men is that we share our lives in friendships, brotherhood, and families and men are the protectors and teachers of our families. The Men of Saint James have events and ministry efforts to support one another, our church families, and our wider community to include:
- Men’s Hike Ministry
- Men’s Life Groups
- Quarterly Service Days and Projects
- Support of James Island Outreach
- Partnership with Boy Scout Troop 44
Current Mens Ministry Groups and Meetings:
- Tuesdays 5:30 pm – In the Ministry Center Chapel. Contact Jay Millen at email@example.com or Tom Hilton at firstname.lastname@example.org further information.
- Thursdays 7:15 am– Men’s Life Group at Bagel Nation on Folly Road. Contact Bill Read at email@example.com for more information.
- Fridays 7:00 am-8:00 am – Men’s Breakfast – The Saint James Church Ministry Center. Contact Fred Whittle at firstname.lastname@example.org or Osia Brummett at email@example.com for more information.
Christian Men’s Conference at St. Christopher Camp & Conference Center
The Men’s Conference is designed to address the issues facing all men in today’s fast-paced world, and to provide insights and ideas for dealing victoriously with the constant stress we all suffer.
It is our prayer that you will be able to use these teachings to bring you closer to God, through a greater love and understanding of His son, Our Savior, Jesus Christ, and to make the world a better place in which to live.
- Group Size 12 – 24 men
- Ages 17 +
- Base Camp Hike, Fitness Expectation
- Hike in and out (2 – 3 miles) with full packs (30 – 40lbs)
- 2 longer day-hikes with smaller day-packs (4 – 7 miles)
- Overall 1,000′ – 1,500′ elevation change
- Cost $40 includes 3 dinners + $20 for fuel your driver, funds available
- You will be responsible for bringing your own breakfasts and lunches
- We have equipment available if you do not have your own